Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Silence

I am silent not because "silence is golden"
Not because it gives consent
I am silent not because I have nothing else to say
Not because I've run out of words
I am silent because I choose to be

I choose silence over a pointless conversation
I choose silence in the face of a potential confrontation
I choose silence because words in anger may come back to haunt me
I choose silence instead of a verbal assassination
I choose silence for a chance to grow

So when you see me silent and sullen, do not worry
Do not offer me pity
When I walk around with my hand in my pocket or with ear plugs in my ear
Do not ask if I'm alright
I am that way because I choose to be

I choose silence because it completes me
It enables me
I choose silence because it opens my creativity
It strengthens me
I choose silence because it protects me


No comments:

Post a Comment