Friday, June 22, 2012

Heart's A Mess 2

I posted a song that I wanted to comment on but I felt I needed to let the lyrics stand by themselves as any addition would be a contamination.

As I'm typing here this song Hearts A Mess is being repeated for the 6th or 7th time on my phone. I saw the video for Heart's A Mess few nights ago as I was looking up the Singer/Songwriter/Musician Gotye (whose known song Somebody That I Used To Know has close to 260 million views) and immediately connected with the song. The words rang true for the most part and speak to us the "good guys", the ones wanting to rescue the "damsel in distress" and often ends up being just a good friend or...last resort.

The words speak for themselves, so no need for explanation. The musical arrangement, the slow and haunting mood that it elucidate with its melancholic minor whistling rift got me hooked. I would prefer to listen to this song than to do anything else. Its like an addictive drug....

This song is probably why Gotye was compared to Peter Gabriel, whose song I Grieve, had a similar effect on me as Heart's A Mess. Both mournful but very different in circumstances.

For those who care, I urge you to look up Gotye and listen to his music, it may ease your troubled mind...even if its for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment