Wednesday, May 30, 2012

No matter what...

I look into your room every morning when I wake up and you are not there
You usually navigate yourself to ours with your eyes closed
You asked for your mother, most times objecting if I try to hold you
But I understand, I love you no matter what, it must be a bonding thing
Between you and your mother I guess...

Usually when you are awake you would cling on to me
You get angry if I try to put you down so I can prepare to go to work
Your mother seems helpless, she knows its painful for us both
But I have to do what I have to do...

I put you down and put on the television, I tell you to watch...
After I'm finished with my preparations I'm ready to leave, I kiss you goodbye...
Sometimes you ignore me, sometimes you beg me to take you to work
I keep promising to take you...one day....
You say "bye daddy" in your sweet angelic voice and wave me goodbye...

Then I'm gone...you don't see me for more than twelve hours...

I do what I have to do then I return home...

Sometimes you are asleep...
Sometimes you are awake...and angry with me
I can not hold you...but I understand, I love you no matter what

I look into your room every morning, I kiss your feet...
Sometimes I feel you deserve a better father than me...so I kiss your feet
Its my unspoken way of saying I'm sorry for not being there...
For "abandoning" you...
I hope you understand and love me...no matter what... 



No comments:

Post a Comment