Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jumper

I've come to the cliff once more
I've been there before, I've looked over
I've jumped and fell, I believed I could fly
I was invincible, I was the master of my destiny
I was everything I've ever wanted to be, I made it
I stretched forth my hands like Superman
Expecting any given moment I would rise like the Phoenix
And soar upwards like the great eagle
I failed to stop my rapid descent into darkness
I fell and fell further and clutched at clouds on the way down
There were no voices of encouragement to will me upwards
There were no cries of concern for a fallen friend
There were no mournful tributes for a partner in crime
There was only one thing....silence
The further I fell, the weaker I became
How quickly hope vanishes when you are alone in the dark
As I touched down with shattered dreams and faded hope
I crawled into my shell soundly trashed by my journey downwards

Beaten and bruised, broken and bounded, I was defenseless
This was not hell but it sure felt like I was at its entrance
Somehow, it is not clear how, but some how I clawed my way up the cliff
I scraped, dug and tore at its deceitful face, I clenched my teeth and push upwards
Slowly I reached the plateau where I first started and have basically come full circle
I'm at the top once more...
Looking over, feeling the need to fly, feeling the need to once more be set free
Feeling trapped and confined by plane I'm on...


No comments:

Post a Comment