Monday, March 28, 2011

Pondering.......Jar of Hearts

I was listening to the song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri which sounds very similar to Beyonce's Halo. Because of this fact I did not pay much attention to the video except to just look at the beautiful Ms. Perri.

I've had my heart broken a few times and I guess I might have wounded a few myself. Its a kind of f!#ked up feeling, I often wondered what I did wrong to that person for them to treat me so cruel. Then you would hear - "its not you, its me"......well that doesn't really change the situation eh. You still wonder why the b!tch left.....well anyways the song has connected quite well with me......for the wrong reason.....

I'm the villain here, I broke someone's heart and I tried to make amends by contacting the person to offer my apologies and probably answered the questions I would have asked some of the young ladies who would have collected various fragments of my broken heart. Probably in this situation the person should have told me to shove it or sang this song to me...... I guess the best answer is probably the one that the young ladies gave to me - "its not you, its me".

I mean really...what right do I have to tell an exgirlfriend that I want to contact her.....the past is the past. Who knows what thoughts I might have brought up....I probably made the young lady unhappy....or angry. Probably I'm thinking too much.....probably I think too much of myself to think that I would evoke such thoughts after such a long time......

But still the haunting words linger in my mind, my thoughts, my conscience.....

Who do you think you are

Running leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

Tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are


No comments:

Post a Comment