Monday, January 16, 2023

TRASH

They found me whole and appealing
Something to adorn their egos
To compliment them in the process of achieving their goals
Or simply to satiate their innate desires

I was proud
I was useful
I shone brightly
Illuminating their minds
And setting ablaze their damp thoughts

I brought color to their lives
Expanding their horizons of possibilities
I brought love
I brought affection
I brought myself
I thought that would be enough
I thought I was enough

But I was wrong
After I laid myself bare
And there was nothing left in me
There was nothing left of me
The veils began to fall
It was the final curtain call

I lost my lustre and my spark
My once bright aura has turned dark
To love became exhausting
My love needed replenishing
My world was crumbling
Life became suffocating

So I've outlived my purpose
I'm no longer illuminating
I've become dull and unappealing
And even considered revolting

They placed me in the containment of silence
Something to keep at an arm's length
Not worth the effort to fix
Not necessary to be fixed

So I'm placed by the curb where broken things go
To be removed from the sights of people I once knew
To be buried alive in the waste land of not
Not good enough to be cared for
Not good enough to be loved
Not good enough to fought for
Not good enough to be saved

Not good enough to be saved...
To...be...saved...

No comments:

Post a Comment