Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Phoenix - 2 am rant

Will you remember me when I'm gone
Will you you remember the morning kisses and the awkward goodbyes
Will you remember the way I brush the hair from your face
And the often forced embrace...

Of course you won't because you despised those things
Not really those things but the person it seems
My touch is revolting it makes you nauseated
You said it made you feel violated

But what can I do and where could I go
When I touch you I feel safe and secure
When I touch you I get the strength to go on
When I touch you all my problems are gone

So I have to die to move on
An undeserving soul with no way to carry on
Baptized by fire a cleansing of the soul
Perhaps one day a Phoenix will rise and accomplish the unfinished goals

No comments:

Post a Comment