Monday, November 17, 2014

Reflections

We often reflect on our lives and wondered how we've reached this point in our lives. If its a good place, we would reflect on the positives things, the high points of our lives, the good moments. It would be a sort of celebratory reminiscence...
If you're in a stagnant place and you feel like you are not where you want to be then its a more serious reflection, a kind of soul searching experience, you start looking at the pros and cons, you look at both the highs and lows. Ultimately, I think, we should use this experience to move to a better place in our lives.

I seem to wallow in self pity, wondering how I've ended up where I am. Perhaps, if I had made certain decisions I would have progressed down an entirely different path. Perhaps I would have been happy then, perhaps...perhaps not...

The fact that there are no do overs, no magical erasers to wipe out the wrong decisions, no way to forget the past...makes it harder to move on with a clean slate. Perhaps there's nothing to move on to...at least the trajectory has stopped at that point...there's no making amends, no more hope that time will heal all wounds, no more chances, the die was cast when the transgressions were committed...the outcome was inevitable.

Some people were never meant to be forgiven...perhaps I'm one of those people...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment